Nussbaum Home Weekly
Drive with Purpose. Drive OTR with Nussbaum
Earn $80k+ your first year and be home most weekends
At Nussbaum, we lead with integrity, and we put people first. Always have. Always will. Alden Nussbaum, our founder, believed that “if you take care of your people, everything else will take care of itself.” Nussbaum’s commitment to our drivers and employees has led to our placing in the Top 20 Best Fleets to Drive For, eight years in a row. Join us! You’ll be glad that you did.
Earn Industry Leading Pay
We are recognized as a Top Pay Carrier offering a compensation package that ranks in the top 20% of the industry. We pay based on years of experience and practical “door-to-door” miles – not just loaded miles.
The following calculations do not include the top 30% of fleet earners. They represent the average earnings of actual first-year drivers at Nussbaum.
Starting Pay Figures
With 6 months-2 years of experience
- $1,600 – $1,700 avg. weekly pay
- $80,000-$84,000 in year 1
With 2-5 years of experience
- $1,625 – $1,725 avg. weekly pay
- $83,000-$87,000 in year 1
With 5+ years of experience
- $1,675 – $1,775 avg. weekly pay
- $85,000-$89,000 in year 1
Additional Pay Features
- $1,000 Transition Bonus for experienced OTR drivers.
- $1,350 – $1,400 weekly guarantee (based on exp) – if your miles are short due to delays, breakdowns, etc., you’ll still earn the guaranteed amount.
- Prefer to stay out 3-4 weeks at a time? Add $0.05/mile and $100 to your guarantee
- Activity Pay
- $20 for pickups & deliveries (in excess of 1st pick-up and final delivery)
- $12 for trailer swaps on split loads or empty moves
- Accessorial Pay
- $20/hr detention pay (starts after 1 hour)
- $270-$280/day layover pay
- Paid orientation at Nussbaum headquarters that includes travel, a private hotel room and on-duty meals.
- Major medical, dental and vision health benefits
- Short-term disability & life insurance benefits
- Escalating paid time off & holidays
- Company-matched 401K retirement plan
- Rider program & pet policy
First-Rate Equipment and Support
We make sure our drivers get top-of-the-line equipment, consistent maintenance, and new-model trucks with the comforts of home built-in.
- Elite Pass – covers all tolls and scales
- EFS Card – daily coverage for fuel, additives, DEF, oil, windshield fluid, antifreeze, weigh scale fees
- All Paid/Reserved Parking reimbursed
- Valid CDL-A
- Minimum age – 21
- Minimum of 6-months of OTR experience
- No more than 3 moving violations or preventable accidents in past 3 years
Apply today to become part of the Nussbaum family!