New York Over The Road Jobs

Are you looking for a rewarding career that may allow you to travel and further your career each year? An OTR trucking job in New York may help you explore your potential and travel all over New England. Some over-the-road jobs in New York even allow you to travel around the country. Over-the-road driving, unlike local driving, requires long stretches of time away from home. Some drivers spend one to two weeks away from home per trip. This may be an option if you can handle driving long distances and working independently!

New York has a fairly stable job outlook for over-the-road truck drivers. O*Net expects a 9% increase in job openings between 2012 and 2022. This is in line with the national average.

Across the board, New York trucking salaries are above the national average. The average salary for a tractor-trailer driver is $42,200 per year, according to O*Net. Those at the high end of the salary range can earn more than $69,900 per year.

New York is home to an impressive range of truck driving firms and companies. Major employers in this state include West Side Transport, A & R Transport, C.R. England, and Venezia.

Featured New York Trucking Jobs
Lease Purchase Drivers earn six figure pay, No forced dispatch, Consistent home time, $0 money down and no credit check!
Guaranteed Weekly Pay, Up to $95,000 Annually Per Driver!, $10,000 sign-on bonus!, Mileage, safety, and referral bonus opportunities
Up to $8,000 in tuition reimbursement, Recently doubled paid layover & detention pay, Great benefits including medical, dental, life insurance, & 401k, Guaranteed home time; one day off earned for every week out
Make up to $.55 CPM!, Medical, dental and vision benefits, 99% no touch freight
Percentage or Mileage pay, 99% no touch freight, No Interest, No Money Down
Percentage & Mileage pay, 99% no touch freight, No Interest, No Money Down
$2,000 Sign-On Bonus Available!, $1,450 Average Weekly Pay!, Consistent, Dependable Hometime , Same Rate of Pay for Empty and Loaded Miles, Top Earners Make Up To $95K Annually!, 100% Paid Medical Premium
$4,000 Sign-On Bonus for 1 Year Flatbed Experience! , $2,000 Sign-On Bonus for All Other Experience!, Paid Weekly, Consistent Miles Each Week, No flatbed experience? No problem! Flatbed training is available at orientation!
Vacation and Holiday Pay, Top Performers earn $85,000+ Annually!, Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, 401(k)
Make Up to $.53 CPM, Average up to 3,000 miles per week on our flatbed fleet!, Minimal loading, Consistent lanes, Paid VIP Orientation
Averaging 2,500 - 3,000 miles per week., Company-matched 401(k), Medical, dental and vision health benefits, No flatbed experience required!, $5,000 Sign-on/Retention Bonus
$5,000 Sign-on Bonus, Company-matched 401(k), Medical, dental and vision health benefits
Up to $8,000 in tuition reimbursement, Affordable medical, dental, & life insurance, Pay increase every month your first year
Top Pay, Orientation & Training Pay, Driver & Family Focused, Late Model, CSA Friendly Equipment, 401K & Full Health Coverage, Tarp/OD/Hazmat Additional Pay
$3,000 OTR Transition Bonus, Regional and Local Positions, CPM Increase for OTR Positions, Dedicated Routes

The first step to beginning an over-the-road trucking career in New York is attending a truck driving program. This state has many trucking programs, located in community colleges, technical schools, and trucking schools. If you want to drive over-the-road, you'll likely need a Class A license, as this license permits you to transport larger loads. The New York Department of Motor Vehicles requires interstate drivers to be at least 21 years old. Most OTR jobs are interstate.

In your trucking program, you can learn all sorts of safe driving techniques. You may start out in an off-road training lot. Here, you can work with an instructor to learn how to move forward, reverse, park your vehicle in many ways, and navigate around obstacles. These skills can be tested on the open road once you've demonstrated your skills in the training lot. If you apply for an endorsement, like HAZMAT or passenger endorsements, you may need additional training.

Once you've completed your training, you can go to the Department of Motor Vehicles and apply for your CDL. They will examine your skills with a written test and skills test before giving you your license.